broke but luv chess

hi again everyone i have isue i have found some sites that r free video chess tutorials and have done very well learning on my own from them my prob is that there is not enough that i can find i am31 only played chess for 6 months and have achieved an online rating of 1400 but feel i have more potential. i definatly have a luv of this game. anyone out there that has some study material that could at all b helpful would b great i prefer video cause i seem to learn better from seeing andi realy cant afford all that is realy required for me to advance so those of you out there that have a luv for this game asi do please help me out send me anything it will b much appreciated i am trying to prepare for first otb tourny date still tbd. help me succed i cant afford what i need so i have to ask for you all to help
also anyone interested in running through some games online contact me as well.

thank you all for your time and the emence advice that has gotten me this far mikefeasel1977@yahoo.com

I love chess too. My official rating is something around 1400.

My online blitz rating (FICS) is around 1200, and my Standard rating (FICS) is about 1600.

I can sometimes win against level 1900 opponents in Chessmaster, which is pretty good.

So, you don’t need to be FIDE rated 2100 to enjoy chess as a lifetime hobby.

Oh ya, somedays, I like to browse House of Staunton and look at all the pretty chess sets I can’t afford. :laughing:

I did by a nice tourny kit from House of Staunton though.