How long does it take for tournament results mailed in

to get rated? The director was more old-fashioned and didn’t have a laptop to email the results, so I’m assuming he mailed them. How long do you think it will take for the results to get to the uscf? The tournament ended on 4/24/10.

Once the event is received in Crossville, it usually takes 1-2 working days for it to get rated.

If there are issues that need to be resolved during validation which require contacting the TD, that could cause it to take longer, but usually the steps that take the longest are for the TD to actually put the report in the mail and for it to get delivered to Crossville.

Thanks. I just saw the tournament name in the MSA section and it’s listed in black print (not the blue text-link kind) so Im assuming that they are getting it rated right now. It doesn’t say anything for the status yet.

Looks like there were major errors present on the paper. The only error I distinctly remember is a players rating had its two last numbers switched. How long before the errors are corrected and the tournament gets rated?

I can’'t talk about specifics, but it all depends on the errors.

Looks like they haven’t been fixed. The tournament director might not know there were problems so I should probably get in touch with him soon. Would 2 weeks be the normal time it takes to fix errors?

I’ve played in a few tournaments, and this is the first time this has ever happened to me before :frowning: .

It really depend ont he nature of the error - and the responsiveness of the TD. As a TD I sure do not mind if players want to know why an event has not yet been rated.

Looks like they didn’t recognize our TD as an official TD, but he had gotten qualification and once they realized it the event was officially rated. :smiley:

This point is the need to learn how to submit on-line. For the TD has the
opportunity to “proof check” the results prior to final submittal. It is vital to compare
lists of players to the players on the td/affiliate page report to ensure that
the players listed, are in fact, those that played. Any issues concerning
expired tds, or assistant tds who are section chiefs, but not authorized by
the affiliate can also be addressed, in an efficient manner.

Reports with errors mailed to Crossville to edit can be very time consuming, as
most often, the submitting TD must be contacted to supply the correct information. Clearly the time of everyone is better served in submitting
accurate on-line reports. I do greatly appreciate the job the staff performs
in correcting such errors, but certainly, my goal at least, is to do a better job
in the initial submission.

So to the Crossville staff, a heartfelt thank you.

Rob Jones

If the “TD” who ran the tournament isn’t a TD, it’s hardly likely that he’s registered for TD/Affiliate, and therefore wouldn’t be able to submit a tournament online.

Alex Relyea

Good point–obviously, I was not referring to the submitting tournament director.
But, either way, certification is required.

But, anyhow, thankyou for pointing out the obvious :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Rob Jones

No he’s definitely a TD. He was the main TD of his area for a good decade, then stopped playing and directing for awhile, and has come back recently. He has the qualifications. It was more a matter of him getting recognition I guess.

Unfortunately, in many areas former TDs outnumber TDs, even ones who were the main TD in the area for a long period of time.

Alex Relyea