jtp tourney help

Hi

Can anyone help me with an issue? For many years I have run a rated chess tournament for kids in my school. We are a junior high. I have used the option that if everyone in the event is from the same school, the players could become jtp members and would not be required to purchase a membership, unless they wanted one. Anyway, when I went to enter my event today…the only jtp option I can find is for K-3 grades. Does the “all player from the same school type of tournament” still work for this option?

Thanks,

brian ribnick
Minnesota

I would advise going to the TD support area and submitting a membership batch entering in all of your players with the JTP option. Get an assigned USCF # for each and then submit your rating report accordingly.

Please PLEASE do not use the pre-numbered green forms (assuming you still have any, we stopped sending them out several years ago), that will only slow down the rating of your event, because those forms must be mailed to TN and those IDs created by the USCF office manually, since they’re not in sequence.

In fact, if anyone still has any of those green forms, I recommend you get rid of them.

You can create IDs online through the TD/Affiliate Support Area using the ‘JTP’ option (towards the bottom of the list on the membership batch form.)

However, I suspect that’s not your problem. What affiliate ID will you be submitting this event under? The in-school K-12 JTP section type option is ONLY available when the affiliate ID is for a scholastic affiliate, ie one that has an ID beginning with the letter ‘H’.

BTW, Terry, the language you cited appears to be a bit out-of-date, where did you find that so I can get it updated?

Google USCF JTP

uschess.org/scholastic/sc-guide2.html

The Guide to Scholastic Chess is kind of a step-child document. Dewaine Barber had it written and paid to have it published some years ago, I don’t know if he’s still doing that, or who’s responsible for keeping it up-to-date.

I’ve alerted Bill Hall, Jerry Nash and Joan DuBois about this out-of-date language.