TD's salary

What is the salary of a tournament director in a scholastic tournament?
What about his arbiters?

Dear ignacio,

The salary the tournament director receives for a scholastic (like any other tournament) varies depending on a number of factors, such as the size of the event, entry fees, prizes given out, the duties of the TD (floor/backroom? Chief/Assistant?), the amount of days/hours involved, the TD’s experience, and (most important!) WHAT THAT PARTICULAR ORGANIZER CAN PAY and WILL PAY! You should be able to approximate what the Organizer CAN pay by looking at the TLA alone (unless you’re dealing with a sponsored tournament, etc.). I have been paid from $50 to $250 for a day of work in a scholastic.

I hope this is helpful!

Andre E. Harding, Senior TD

Scholastic tournaments or any tournaments are the same, it is the number of entries you are looking to have as the organizer. If you plan to have a large tournament, you have cut down the number of directors in the field. If you plan to have more than the certification level of a club, you have cut down the field of directors. If you want to have more than the certification level of a local, you have cut down the field to almost none.

Feeling you are looking for a small scholastic tournament, even a scholastic tournament that is non-USCF rated. If it is a USCF event, myself the cost of gas with a few dollars would be fine, as I am a sucker for scholastic events. It would help, how many players you are looking to have, how many days, the cost of the entry fee, ect. Side note, what state are you in? As each state has a number of active directors, in large states not a huge problem but in very small states you are only talking about a small handful of directors.