Blind Instruction and Resources

I may be looking in the wrong places, but I didn’t find anything on the USCF website about sight-challenged chess. I am looking for information on how to teach chess to blind players and where to get chess equipment, books etc. for blind players.

Also, at least some of the players I am potentially dealing with have not learned Braille. Are there other resources? Is there the ability to reasonably use a chess database, for example?

Thank you in advance for pointing me in the direction of any information.

braillebookstore.com/view.ph … +and+Games

crisscrosstech.com/usbca/library.html

Kinda hard to teach chess to a blind person any other way. Don’t think Kindle would do justice to a book on chess, it would probably not be able to read much of a chess book.

You might be able to use some computerized instruction, although a chess DVD might be better. Then just pause the DVD and let the students go over the moves on thier own boards for a few minutes before proceeding to the next example.

Thanks for the site on tactile sets.

The braille material doesn’t help, though. The person doesn’t know braille. He attended some of my chess camp lectures this year with his son, and it’s developed an interest for him -

If anyone has any additional ideas, please pass them along.