Can anyone tell me how to get Win TD ?

HI there , it seems since the switch at USCF sales to chess cafe , no one can give me an answer. I think USCF has a free one…is it the same ?They just said to check back at the web site. But , since so many seem to have Win TD here , i just thought i would ask you since i have no idea where to get it being brand new to trying to get club/tourneys going . thnks ! – Don

WinTD is available for purchase at estima.com/chess/

Swis-Sys is available for purchase at swisssys.com

The free program you were referring to is probably the Tournament Administrator program. I suppose it is still available, though I don’t know anyone who still uses it. It does not do pairings, all it can be used for is entering crosstable results to create the dBase files needed for submitting a rating report on diskette.

There are no plans to update Tournament Administrator to utilize the new tournament reporting format when that becomes available later this year.

Oh , thnks so much ! Umm , hey , does win TD let you create the diskettes to send to the ratings department ?

WinTD and Swis-Sys can both create the current diskette format, and I assume both programs will be updated to be able to create the new format when it becomes available.

Nolan , your wonderful ! Should have looked at the web sites before asking the last question…i see there that of course , that feature is basic. Sorry about that ! Well , now the question is which one ! Haahaha…probably a matter of personal preference. I will say that the Win TD looks to have the better polish on its web site. Thnks again !

I can’t offer any advice on which program is better, because I haven’t seen recent versions of either program.

I’m still using release 8 of Swis-Sys (DOS version) on a Compaq 386 laptop that I bought in the 1980’s, but I only run one tournament a year.