Clock with increment but not delay?

I think that’s what this means: digitalgametechnology.com/in … glish/file

DGT 1002. Saw it listed online for $29.95.

Just wait till someone scoops up one of those because of its low price, then takes it to a tournament with a time control that includes delay. (Hey his clock keeps adding time…)

Fun times.

One has to be careful with the DGT brand. Their best are top of the line, and I wouldn’t trade my 3000, but the 960 does only one time control and I’d rule a BHB more standard than a 1001.

Alex Relyea

The NA is the lowest model I’d consider from DGT. The cheaper ones are simply not worth the price difference.

By any change does it do Bronstein? Because, if so, that’s mathematically the same as delay.

Bill Smythe

Dunno. I think it just supports increment aka Bonus. There is no mention of Bronstein, delay or non-cumulative in the manual. If it were $10 I might get one just to check it out; for $30 plus shipping I can get most of a meal in Parsippany.

I suspect some unsuspecting player will buy one to save money, maybe learn to set it and take it to a G/xx plus delay event expecting to use it. That will be fun.

I have read the specs and reviews for the 1001, and admittedly it sounds like a cheaply made clock. Can you tell me which feature or lack thereof would lead you to think it is less desirable than an analog clock?

I would like to give a clear reason if someone from my club says they are considering it because of the low price. I recommend th DGT NA for people with less money to spend. Personally, I love my two Chronos clocks.

Thanks.

It is impossible to set precisely. For example, you can set the clock for 65 minutes or 70 minutes, but not between. This makes it very bad clock when you want to adjust times for penalties.

Alex Relyea

Thanks, that information is very helpful. I will avoid that clock as much as possible.

Also please let folks know the 1001 does not support any delay or increment function at all. So it’s less-preferred at almost all rated events. Plus I think it does not support multiple time controls. So even if you bought it to play in the rare non-SD event it still could not get the job done.

But for less than $20 shipped some will still scoop it up before they realize all that.

Alas, many clocks in the DGT line do not support multiple time controls.

Alex Relyea