Help Confirming Foreign Rating

I have a player inquiring about playing in our upcoming Labor Day weekend event. He has never played USCF or FIDE rated chess, but played in Israel about 8 year ago. The problem is that the Israel Chess Federation website is all in Hebrew, so I cannot understand it.

If anyone can help me out with this, I will send the player’s information through a personal message.

Also, Israel is not named on the conversion list in the rule book. Should I add 200 points to his latest rating as suggested?

I thought that estimating a foriegn player’s rating was used for pairing purposes only, and that they’d still have to play 20 rated USCF games in order to get a non provisional USCF rating.

Yes, I need to confirm the rating to create an estimate so I can place him in the proper section.

You may want to contact the ratings department, Walter or Chuck may have some suggestions.

Bill Goichberg has a lot of experience dealing with foreign rated players, too.

That is probably easier than a crash course in learning to read Hebrew! :slight_smile:

Google Translate works reasonably well on that site, but I don’t think it is possible to look up someone’s Israeli rating that way.

If you can find his rating, I recommend adding 200 points. My experience with Israeli ratings is that they are well below USCF, more so than many countries.

Bill Goichberg