How do I become a TD ?

How do I become a TD ?

I live in a small town in KY, and am trying to get chess more popular here. I hope to take advantage of the ‘Activity means members’ program.

uschess.org/about/forms/CERTIFIEDTDFORM.pdf

Send to: US Chess, PO Box 3967, Crossville, TN 38557. (I think)

It’s been a while since I became a Local TD, but I thought I would check out the form that you posted to become a Club TD. I’m curious about the wording on the form in the first paragraph and wonder if you could explain it. The text is:

“I have access to … the current administrative regulations necessary to be a good tournament director.”

What are the “administrative regulations”, and how does one go about having access to them?

On P 241 of the rulebook, section 4 also mentions, “TDs … should become familiar with these rules and any changes or rulings by the Rules Committee effectively changing these rules, and administrative procedures regarding the sale of memberships, reporting formats, and deadlines…”

Thanks,
Tom Ewers

You’ve got them in the rulebook. The administrative regulations refer to all aspects of running a tournament. Whenever there’s a change in the rules, the USCF supplements (usually through Tim Just’s TD Corner)report them. Also, USCF’s website is a good place to check for EB and Delegate’s meeting minutes.

Terry