How to Become a Local TD?

I am interested in becoming a local TD for my high school chess club. I know I have to read the USCF Rulebook, but I am having trouble finding the form to send to USCF? Can someone give me the link or a copy of that form? Thanks in advance.

Yup, I always have trouble finding that link myself when someone asks me for it. Sorry, I can’t find it right now either. Maybe some other kind soul in this forum could provide it? The uschess.org website is sometimes counter intuitive. Instead of linking every form under the sun in God knows which webpage, why not use a search button???

Anyway, that’s not why I’m replying to your query. What you want is the form to become a Certified Club TD first. This amounts to just signing the form and returning it. All the form says is that you’ve familiarized yourself with the current rule book and that you will abide by it a rated tournaments that you run. Local TD comes after 3 years as a Club TD and then you need to take and open-book test…

HTH,
AJG

Yeah, that’s the form I am looking for.

Never mind, someone else found it for me. For anyone that is interested, it is at:

uschess.org/about/forms/CERTIFIEDTDFORM.pdf

Thanks for your help!

Hi Alan, technically you could ask Bermamar for credit for any QRs you have run…

Hmm… do you think those would actually count since I don’t remember which ones I ran really.

Hey , what about the self correcting tests that you are supposed to complete for a club TD status ? Where do you get those? Someone in the ratings department is supposed to get back to me…but i just thought i would ask here. Thnks !

For club TD status, you just need to apply and sign a form saying you read the rulebook. The self-correcting test is a training exercise that comes with a packet from the USCF saying you’re now a TD.

Thnks knight ! Yeah , i saw something to that effect tonight while reading some other posts on the forum here. Great , now i can just mail the thing…it was kinda haunting me from my dresser shelf ! :open_mouth: