lets talk about the candidate's coverage

ICC does have audio commentary for today’s 8th round.

ICC does have audio commentary for Round 8.

Interesting facts contained in this Wiki article. It looks like Dylan McClain has gone over to the Dark Side.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candidate … ament_2016

Why are you watching this event anywhere but the official site?

Miroshnichenko is a solid GM. Nepomnishchi (I insist on not using the misleading usual Anglicization) is absolutely world class and can hang in with the Candidates in the “press conferences” after the games. Kosteniuk was there instead of Nepom. for the first few days, and she was very good too. You are missing out on Nepomnishchi!!

What do the other sites offer? This coverage is clearly better than Gustafsson + someone (chess24) or Seirawan + someone (typical US coverage). And the video is high quality. The “quiz” is not necessary, but it gives an excuse for the commentators to take a break.

They have their ads for an expensive BMW and something else. No worse than chess24 begging me to join. Better in fact. I want the sponsor to make some money, even though they’re not going to succeed in selling me a BMW. Why are you folks undercutting the sponsor?

Dylan was there for a little while in Nepomnishchi’s seat for a while last round. He is entertaining but I missed the chess insight of Nepom. until he appeared after a couple hours to my relief. Nepom. in a very sly way is entertaining too. I think Miroshnichenko won’t be there for the final 2 rounds, so Nepom. will be flying solo.

Brian, did you just call the sponsor “the dark side”? There’s something quite wrong with that.

I called the organizer the dark side. There is a difference. And, it’s not clear who the organizer is from a legal standpoint. There’s this off-shore corporation that is the actual organizer, not Agon. An organizer, if that’s what Agon is, that asserts bogus legal claims and which is and has been in bed with the sanctioned President of FIDE, qualifies as the dark side IMO. I’m happy to discuss that. Before we do, take a look at the Wiki article with an interesting analysis of the legal issues raised by Agon’s “whitepaper.”

BTW, I can find no court filing thus far in the US against any of the web sites threatened by Agon.

Chessbomb, Chess24 and the Android Follow Chess App are carrying those non-copyrightable moves in close to real time.