Looking for club

Hello.

I am looking to play chess with others in some kind of chess club. I don’t even care if it is actually a club, I simply want to meet others somewhere to play chess over the board with. However I do not care if the club is registered with the USCF or not. Does anyone know what tools I can use to search for clubs near my location that are not necessarily USCF affiliated? I have tried the affiliate search on this site but alas, the locations are too far.

Thanks for any help.

It might help if you indicated the city and state or country where you live.

My question asked for a general searching tool. I wasn’t asking a specific person for information on a specific city, as the chances of finding someone living in my exact city on this forum are quite low.

However if it helps: Whittier, CA

I doubt if a general tool exists; things like this are dealt with locally. There is a directory of chess clubs in Southern California at scchess.com/clubs.html.

Thank you very much.

Search engines can only find what’s been put in somewhere else.

Googling ‘chess whittier california’ produces an interesting looking list, but not many of them are what you’re looking for.

Like quite a few state associations, the Southern California folks do a pretty good job cataloging the local scene. Thanks for the link, John.