Monroi and Chess Rules Off

I’m happy to report that, although I’m from Chicago, I apparently have never met this guy.

We did have a player from Wisconsin once, in our club on Lunt Avenue, who seemed to have similar thoughts, though he never went to the extreme measures you describe. (I played in Wisconsin recently, and am happy to report they used the standard 3-second delay in their game/29 quick tournament.)

If he was talking about just one opponent, he could (conceivably) be right. Older mechanical clocks like the BHB had an adjustment on the inside back of each side, so that it might have been possible to make one clock run slightly faster than the other.

Bill Smythe

“[] Undetected? Yes, just as with the paper scoresheets used for two centuries. How is undetection necessarily more of a problem with digital capture than with paper-analog?”

One side should not have an technological advantage over the other. This is chess, not the Magic card game.

“[] Required to share MonRoi info with your opponent? No way. That sounds like a mess, a breeding grounds for knotty problems.”

One is required to share one’s scoresheet already, if one’s opponent needs it to complete his. How can one do that with Monroi if one cannot look at previous positions? Can one get a text display of the moves?

Yes, please see all the screen images at:
monroi.com/products_screens.html