Online access for an Affiliate w/ non-USCF officer.

I will be directing an school tournament next weekend. I would like to submit the result under the school affiliate sponsoring the tournament instead of our regular affiliate. The problem, the school affiliate is run by the school gifted program, whereas, all the “officers” are the teachers of the gifted class program. None of them are USCF member. How can they gain online access if no officer is USCF member? Actually, the only reason to gain access is to add me as one of their approve TD. Is there a way the affiliate can have online access to approve TD’s.

If there are no officers of the affiliate who are current USCF members, they cannot use the online form to sign the affiliate up for access to the TD/Affiliate Support Area, since that has to be done from the Members Only area (requiring a current USCF membership) and we do check the ID of the person making the request against the list of officer IDs in the affiliate’s record.

In this case, the alternate procedure is to contact the USCF giving the affiliate information, especially the names of the officers, and three possibilities for the affiliate’s login ID.

That request can be e-mailed to uscf@uschess.org. The response will be to the e-mail address on file for that affiliate, so that needs to be up-to-date too. (Having a valid e-mail address for an affiliate is a requirement for using the TD/Affiliate Support Area.)

We have had only a few situations in which this alternate procedure was necessary.