online reports

any idea when the rating report software will be available for uploading tournaments?

According to the alpha testers, the tournament upload and edit modules appear to be fairly solid.

I’m still slugging my way through the ratings formula, so I haven’t been able to compare any rated events to the current system to see if they match. However, I’ve been in contact with the Ratings Committee and with Tom Doan, who made the latest revision to the current programming, to ensure that I am both following the ratings formula and dealing with key situations the same way the current programming does.

There are a lot of administrative issues to resolve as well, such as how to handle FIDE-rated players who do not yet have a USCF rating and how to deal with memberships that haven’t cleared from an earlier event yet.

I alsol have to figure out what to do with all of the events that are being entered at the office but haven’t been rated yet.

So, I can’t give an exact cutover date yet.

Mike,

I see no option for club affiliation dues submission in the Membership Batch. Is that intentional, or am I missing something?

Also, when mailing the payment to the office, should I submit a membership form along with it? Any notes that I submitted online already?

There are too many differences between what information is required to enter an affiliate membership and what information is required for an individual membership to make that an option on the TD/A membership form.

There are a few other special memberships that aren’t covered either, such as blind or prison memberships, because of the eligiblity requirements.

There will be a revision to the USCF website to make it easier to use that membership form and it does include affiliate memberships

I’ll have to check with Judy Misner to see what the office prefers. (She’s on vacation this week, so the answer below may change.)

At a minimum you should include a copy of the batch processing report that is e-mailed to you, that SHOULD have all the information the office needs to process your membership payments.

However, if you include membership forms, write “TD/A” or something like that on them to indicate that you’ve already entered them, and be sure to add the USCF number for any new members.

Used the ‘TD/AFFILIATE’ as a single batch on myself. The system worked fine, in a few hours my membership renewal did get aproval. When it did come too the box called “TITLE” (example: Mr, Mrs, Ms, Miss) did place as the title ‘Mr’ – even that the box is only required to be filled out for the new memberships. Everything in the MSA did change with my name: before it said Douglas Forsythe, now it states Mr Douglas Forsythe.

It looks to be a system that can change the whole name of a person. Would that lead to identy theft, as someone can take a former USCF membership, then change the name from John Doe to Joe Smith? Someone could find a expired USCF member that left in the 1980’s, the MSA would have zero records of this player. In a few minutes change the name, then have a ID number in their own name: then have whatever rating they want.

Only minor changes in the first or last name are permitted, and an ID from the 1980’s or earlier that is no longer on file can only be reactivated by the USCF membership department.

Both of those restrictions are to prevent ID hijacking.

The title and suffix can be changed. However, the common titles (MR, MRS, MS, MISS) are not used. The program is supposed to change those to blanks, I may have missed checking them in one module.

As of this afternoon (Oct 12th), you can create membership batches offline and upload them for checking and processing.

Any hint as to when the online Tournament reports functionality will be ready? I would be glad to help test if it gets me access quicker! :slight_smile:

We’re currently working on some administrative issues regarding the submission of events.

I was hoping to have an interim procedure in place earlier week for online submission and validation that then transfers the data to the current ratings system, but it looks like that’ll now go into limited live testing next week.

The latest distraction is that it appears some of our internal systems aren’t exchanging files when they’re supposed to. That has prevented us from updating the MSA site with yesterday’s rate. We’ve also been unable to correct the problem that cropped up in September and is still preventing us from updating the ‘individual ratings’ site (64.com).

I renewed my membership online! I made sure of that so my Club TD Certification would not lapse as it was recently extended for a fourth year…

BTW, I’m reading my October issue of Chess Life even as I write this post! In fact, I see they have my Free RBO TLA for the Baldwin High Chess Club listed under New York, looks good!

What’s going on here???

Regards,
AJG

This is not an appropriate forum for discussing this subject, it is probably not a good idea for people to post their TD/A login ID’s here, either. (I’ve deleted the posts with the login IDs in them.)

I would suggest you contact Judy Misner at the USCF office on Monday regarding your membership status and your August 25th renewal order.

Mike Nolan

OOPs, sorry, right you are Mike!

Will do.

Regards,
AJG

OK Judy and I are all squared away.

I still have a problem. I tried logging-in as a TD and my TD account is active. However, I tried logging-in as my Affiliate, but it says my passwd is incorrect.

What’s going on?

TIA,
AJG

This is still an inappropriate place for resolving individual problems.

E-mail me at mnolan@uschess.org.