Totally New

Hi Everyone,

I apologize if this is in the wrong place, but I have never posted on a chess forum before. Im a recent new member to USCF, but long time (casual-soon-to-be-competitive) chess player. Im not very literate when it comes to computers. :confused:

How do we find information on the events themselves on the USCF Events Calendar? For example, the Super Nationals VII is coming up in May 2021 - what is a Super Nationals? Who can go? What is the setup?

Are there links or something I can click?

Thanks is advance for any help you can provide.

R.

On the national calendar page there are generally links in the event titles for the current yearโ€™s events that lead to details about the tournament.

Several of the national events are age limited. There are several events just for scholastic players. SuperNationals is one of those. Conducted every 4 years, it is a combination of the National High Scholl, Junior High and Elementary championship done at one time in one place.

Many local or regional events are publicized in the Tournament Life Announcements (TLA) section. The link is below.

uschess.org/tlas/upcoming.php

There are many more local events that do not have a TLA. A place to find those is on the state chess association website for your state. Some of those are more robust than others.

And we have a list of local chess clubs that might be a source.

uschess.org/component/option โ€ฆ temid,198/

Welcome!

Welcome to the USCF.
:sunglasses: