Weird Rating Issue in MSA

This person was in my quick tournament this weekend.

He has a quick rating only, has been on the last 2 suppliments, but now is showing as unrated quick. Is this just a glitch?

Yes, it looks like a glitch, probably in the program that updates a table that is used to track floors and other semi-static rating information on MSA. I’ll look into it when I get a chance today.

The underlying data tables look OK, the problem is most likely in the program that updates MSA records at the ISP that hosts our website. It may only affect players with no regular events at all.

Bug found and corrected, it’ll take a while (possibly a couple of days) to refresh the database to clean up any affected players. (It did involve only those players with a published quick rating but no published regular rating.)

Thanks for the quick work!

I just updated all of the players who were in any of the rating supplements in 2006, over 67,000 players.

That should take care of the bulk of the affected players, any stragglers will get picked up over the next few weeks. (Once a month we refresh the website/MSA records for everyone in our database, in part to catch glitches like this but also to fix the occasional corrupted record.)