WinTD Question

Can anyone posit a guess as to why in round two, with eight players in the .5 scoregroup, WinTD would pair #1 against a 1, but pair 2 and 3 against each other? Sorry, no more information than that. If this proves interesting, I can attempt to obtain a crosstable.

Alex Relyea

Color history, team or other restrictions set and pairing method being used is critical information.

How many players were in the 1 point group? Was it an odd number? If so, then barring any other color issues or restrictions the bottom 1 point player would play the top .5 player.

Yes. I don’t remember exactly, but that part was clear to me. I’m just confused why 2 and 3 would play each other.

Alex Relyea

Who did all of the .5 players play in the first round?

Any restrictions on same state / same club?

Insufficient information to answer your question.

I understand Mr. Priest and Mr. Sloan’s concerns. As I was not the TD in question, I don’t have the information. Not even the playing ratings. I was just hoping for general information.

Alex Relyea

Pairing restrictions is the only logical thing I can think of. Even color weirdness can’t explain pairing 2 and 3.

I think this was essentially the pairings in question and can be used for any calculations. The 631 and 402 drew each other in round one. Other players that lost in the first round were 703, 642, 546, 543, 470.
pts white black pts
H 869 352 1
H 961 456 0
H 660 442 H
H 576 631 0.5
0.5 402 618 H

Would anything other than ratings-blind pairings explain it? The opponents of the half-point bye players alternated colors.