2 questions regarding USCF Memberships

1. After March 31, 2007 what will the Adult Membership rates be and will the affiliate commission return?

2. Are Tournament Memberships still available? I recently went to the TD/Affiliate site to upload a membership batch and Tournament Memberships were not listed as an option. Perhaps I am doing something incorrectly.

• Enrique

You don’t actually pay for tournament memberships in the membership batch. That’s why there’s no “tournament membership” in the membership type drop-down list.

If the player does not already have a USCF ID, you’ll need to go to the membership page and choose “Non-Member Registration ($0)” as the membership type. When you process the memberships, the non-member will be issued a USCF ID.

Then, you enter that USCF ID in the rating report. When you submit the rating report, you’ll be told that the player is not a current membership. You’ll have the option of purchasing a tournament membership at that time. The cost will be added to the rating fee in the “compute total due” step.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Do you happen to also know the answer to #1?

• Enrique

I don’t think anyone knows the answer to #1 yet, since the dues sale might be extended beyond March 31st.

I assume the Board will be reviewing the dues sale at its February meeting.

I sure hope they make a decision then as I am designing an entry form for an August Tournament and it’s a pain in the butt trying to work out what price to put for a USCF membership!

Chris Bird

Was the membership sale discussed at the EB meeting?

Do we know what the rates will be after March 31, 2007?

• Enrique

Yes, the dues sale has been extended through the end of December with a small adjustment in prices as of April 1st.

A one year regular adult membership will be $41, a two year membership will be $76 and three years will be $109.

Will there be any affiliate commissions on these prices?

Chris Bird

I second Chris Bird’s question regarding affilate commisions. Also, does this mean that all other rates (young adult, youth, scholastic etc.) remain as they currently are listed?

I’m running a tournament in late May and would like to know what the membership fees will be.

• Enrique

The regular adult dues sale rates are only for memberships submitted online. There is no affiliate commission, but the affiliate is free to charge whatever it wants on site and remit the dues sale rate.

No other membership rates are changing at this time.