States without an Irwin representative

These 15 states do not have a representative identified to the best of my knowledge, based on the participant list posted on 6/20 and subsequent developments. For a few of the states the state officers are trying to find a participant, others have not indicated to me that they are. Iowa and Utah on this list held qualifiers but they have not submitted the name of that winner, nor have they responded to my inquiry yet.

There are a couple of other states which aren’t quite nailed down yet but I have line of sight to a willing participant. I didn’t include them on this list. In those cases I’m trying to confirm that the state chapter doesn’t have a participant identified. Since either way I know the states are covered, I didn’t list them.

Alaska
Delaware
District of Columbia
Florida
Iowa
Kentucky
Maine
Mississippi
Nebraska
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
Utah
West Virginia
Wyoming
Vermont

I think we’ll fill several of these, but we will be hard pressed to match prior participation levels of 42 and 44 states out of 52.

I wonder if it would be more effective to remind people what the Irwin representative is, I know I’ve forgotten.

I inquired of my contacts in Iowa and they said that their qualifying event had an issue that was recently resolved by the Rules Committee and they have now submitted a name via the online submission form. That was on Sunday. Korey was copied on that e-mail thread.

The Irwin is the John T. Irwin National Tournament of Senior State Champions. The event is only open to age 50 and above and follows the pattern of the other national state invitationals at the US Open.

Thanks, Mike. I’ve updated my own records; will wait for Korey’s next update to the official participant list. He could well have information I don’t have.

10 states left to go.

Alaska
Delaware
Kentucky
Maine
Mississippi
Nebraska
Rhode Island
Utah
Wyoming
Vermont

Make that nine! Assuming everyone confirms, we will tie the record for the largest Irwin turnout with 44. We need two more to break the record. If you are questioning my math skills, the second player from the host state only plays if there is an odd number of players otherwise. If we fill exactly one more spot, that person is in and the S-CA second player is sits out, playing instead in US Open or side event rounds if they choose.

This topic was automatically closed 730 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.