US Chess Official rule book ebook

Is there an official updated rule book in an ebook format?

Would there be one with the next publication of the paper book?

It is my understanding that the most current printing (1-1-24) of the 7th edition from the publisher (US Chess) is available for the Kindle from Amazon. Are you saying that is not available? BTW, if all you care about are the rules chapters in the 7th edition, then it is available (downloadable) online for free at: https://new.uschess.org/sites/default/files/media/documents/us-chess-rule-book-online-only-edition-chapters-1-2-9-10-11-2024.pdf

Amazon has “US Chess Federation’s Official Rules of Chess Paperback – June 22, 2019” and a Kindle, USCF Sales has
'7th Edition Updated for 2024" but no ebook.

On Amazon, if you look at the picture of the front cover of the print edition of the book it says, “7TH EDITION UPDATED FOR 2024”. I previously bought it on Amazon and got the updated 2024 edition.

I forwarded your concern to US Chess (the publisher). I found the updated e-book copy on Amazon here: Amazon.com : us chess 7th edition rules

Thanks for helping me but the whole thing was a failure.

The idea was that I would have the rule book on my phone (all nice and searchable) WHILE I was at a tournament directing. The getting the Kindle software on my phone proved impossible.

I’ll stick with the paper.

FYI, phones are the dumbest computers available.

Honestly the free PDF is the easiest to work with on the phone in my opinion. The rules it leaves out you can look up if needed in the paper.