Chess Supplies

My wife and I are thinking about starting a chess club/store for our area. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to find supplies wholesale? We live in an area where there is not a lot of money so the supplies would have to be cheap enough for us to be able to sell them reasonable and still make a little on them.

Thanks for any help.

Are you still in FL? (From your USCF Membership number, I’m assuming this.)

The National K-12/Collegiate is next month in Orlando. You might be able to talk to the Rochester Chess Center who will be providing the book/equipment concessions. They might be able to get you anything you’d need for a program.

• Enrique

I would contact Dewain Barber who has American Chess Equipment.

The web address is amchesseq.com

I am in Florida for two more weeks. I am moving back to a small town in MS and wanted to start a chess supplies store and club there. Just was wondering if anyone knew of wholesale places.

Thanks for the input.

wholesalechess.com

Dewain Barber at American Chess Equipment does sell wholesale.

I sell chess clocks and for some models I can do better than vendors that have been suggested so far. Send me a note to mkoganov@netscape.net.

An anonymous person donated about 15 upscale quality plastic chess sets to his/her chess club. These replaced the aging ugly cheap plastic sets that had been getting the job done for a decade prior.

I eventually figured out who the donor was, but I do not mention it to him/her because he/she wanted his/her donation to be anonymous. I also figured out that he/she really negotiated with the vendor and got a great deal by volume discount. But I do not know the details of final price or percentage discount.

If you are looking to buy several sets in one large purchase, maybe take William Shatner’s advice and negotiate.

(I wish English had some gender-neutral pronouns.)