Entering a Tournament online

Sorry, I’m a bit rusty at this. My club tends to practice all year before we actually have some rated events the last 3 months of school. So, its been a year since I’ve entered a tourney online for rating.

Anyway, my problem is I just tried to enter a simple little 3RR G30 (QUAD) and keep getting the same error each time I try to save the page. I’m pulling out my hair as I’ve entered this event 5 times already with the same error. The error is something like: “player insertion error.” However, I’ve checked and triple checked all the membership info is correct!

Could the problem be that the memberships don’t exist in the database yet as 3 of the 4 players were also just created online today? Maybe, but I thought I could submit an event once the memberships were processed and temporary membership cards issued as it is in this case…

Please help!

Befuddled,
AJG

The editing form uses the MSA database, so it is possible that the new members aren’t there yet. Try it again in 2-3 hours.

That should only affect how the editing form displays things, when you do a check on your event, that’s done on the internal database server so it would have access to the current membership records.

Thanx, nolan, for your speedy reply!

OK, so here it is 10 hours later and I try entering this tourney again as you suggested. Well, I still get the same error:

Caution: When doing a ‘Save Changes’ you must wait for the screen to completely finish reloading before doing anything else. If you try to switch sections before the save completes, you WILL lose data!
Assigning USCF Event ID 200604245251
player insert failed

What’s up?

TIA,
AJG

I don’t see anything obvious in the logs, so I’ve turned on extended logging. Try it again, then e-mail me at mnolan@uschess.org as soon as it fails so I can check the logs.