There should be a movie on Fischer's life

There’s got to be a movie done. There’s got to be. Hollywood looking for fresh material? Here it is. Wonder who would portray Fischer. Hopefully the movie would emphsize the time period up to 1972, and just a little bit of the sad time period afterwards.
Any of you chess fans that missed "The Luzhin Defence " have got to see it. It’s about a tortured grandmaster, and I won’t give anything more, but for further description, go to
imdb.com/title/tt0211492/

Hmm, someone to play an anti-semitic paranoid. Mel Gibson?

I would hope that there would be some emphasis on chess....  Speaking of which, I disliked Clint Eastwood's movie on the life of Charlie Parker. You would hardly know from the movie that Charlie Parker revolutionized jazz, you would think it's just another story of a druggie.... I would hope a movie in Fischer would be more balanced. 

I’m curious. Why do you think that mental-illness ranting and raving is more important than the wonderful
chess he left us to study? I mean, Fischer said disgusting things. But as far as I know, not a single person died or got ill, or lost any money from it. Meanwhile, grandmasters are benefitting financially from Fischer’s legacy, and I am benefitting by enjoying chess thanks to him. So, what’s more important?

I was just half-kidding. A good chess movie would show the intensity and love of the game that Fischer showed on many occasions. The post 1972 decline into paranoia should be avoided. 99.9% of the people who grew up in his era are normal and kept the game/sport in perspective. Would that his story would be more like “Rudy” than what it eventually became. I wish his genius (181 IQ) had turned into a more positive end, both for chess and for us all.

What he said.

variety.com/article/VR111797 … id=13&cs=1

I just saw the news. And the movie will be done by the guy who did “King of Scotland”, which I thought was a wonderful movie about a controversial figure (Idi Amin).
Who knows, such a movie could ignite interest in chess again in the U.S.! Guess I’m the eternal optimist… I am so looking forward to such a film. I’m going to drag my girlfriend there. I met my girlfriend, ironically enough, because she hated chess so much, but that’s a personal story for another thread