Ratings Server issues

Our ratings server appears to be having some stability issues today, the techs are looking into it.

Is there an update on this issue? We’ve got an event this weekend and I know of seven members who need to renew. Inquiring minds need to know!

It has been resolved.

What is going on with the expiration dates on online ratings lookup? There are bunches of inconsistencies.

Using:
new.uschess.org/player-search
uschess.org/index.php/Playe … ormat.html
uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?XXXXXXXX

I’m getting either 7/30/22 or Life Member for a player.
I’m getting 9/30/2013 or 11/30/2023 for a player.
There are also players who appear to have renewed as their last change date was 12/1/2022, but their expiration date hasn’t changed.

I had a 172 player event today and no way to figure out who had expired.

• Tom Martinak

The last change date just indicates when the MSA data record was updated, not why. It could be because of a membership transaction, an address change, a ratings, floor, title or milestone update, or something that might not be obvious.

I don’t see any really obvious data issues between my copy of the membership file (updated at 6PM today) and what’s on MSA, both of which are updated from the live CIVI-CRM membership system.

You didn’t provide any IDs as test cases. If you don’t want to post them, send them to me in a PM.

I’ve sent you two ids producing different expiration dates depending upon the lookup method.

I have responded to Tom and forwarded details on to Boyd Reed.

MSA converts any expiration date of 1/1/2099 or later to ‘Life’, but the new member search page wasn’t doing that, which explains some of the inconsistencies, the others may have been delayed updates of MSA or cache issues.